At least 15 people were killed and 26 more were wounded in violence that focused on restive Diyala province.
A car bomb blast killed four people and wounded 15 more at a marketplace in Bani Saad. Many victims were removed from the scene before a complete count had taken place.
A bomb in Rabeaa killed three people, including an eight-year-old child.
Two gunmen were killed and four policemen were wounded during an attack on a checkpoint in Hamdaniya.
A teacher and his son were executed after they were dragged out of their house in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Baquba left one dead and four wounded.
In Baghdad, an Education Ministry employee was shot dead in his car.
A Sahwa member was shot dead at a Shirqat checkpoint.
In Udhaim, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Strong blasts occurred in Kirkuk.
Rockets fell on an army base near Falluja.
Turkish warplanes bombed locations in northern Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018