At least 15 people were killed and 26 more were wounded in violence that focused on restive Diyala province.
A car bomb blast killed four people and wounded 15 more at a marketplace in Bani Saad. Many victims were removed from the scene before a complete count had taken place.
A bomb in Rabeaa killed three people, including an eight-year-old child.
Two gunmen were killed and four policemen were wounded during an attack on a checkpoint in Hamdaniya.
A teacher and his son were executed after they were dragged out of their house in Madaen.
A roadside bomb in Baquba left one dead and four wounded.
In Baghdad, an Education Ministry employee was shot dead in his car.
A Sahwa member was shot dead at a Shirqat checkpoint.
In Udhaim, gunmen wounded a civilian.
Strong blasts occurred in Kirkuk.
Rockets fell on an army base near Falluja.
Turkish warplanes bombed locations in northern Iraq.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019
- Car Bomb in Town Near Syrian Border; Six Killed in Iraq – January 11th, 2019