Protests flared in Mosul, where agitated demonstrations tried to take over several army vehicles. Mosul was also the focus of violence that left 10 dead and 15 wounded across the country.
In Mosul, shots were fired after protestors climbed on top of army Humvees; four protestors were wounded when they were struck by one of the vehicles trying to disperse them. A Christian woman’s body was found. Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded four more at a checkpoint. Two soldiers were killed and a civilian was wounded in a blast. A soldier was shot dead.
A bomb in Shirqat killed a policeman and wounded two others.
One soldier was killed and another was wounded in a bomb blast in Muqdadiya.
In Samarra, the body of a Sahwa member was found riddled with bullets.
A bomb targeting a police chief in Haditha wounded two policemen instead.
A farmer was wounded when a bullet struck him in Tali’aa.
Mortars fell on the Anbar Operations Command H.Q. in Ramadi, but no casualties were reported.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Cross Border to Target PKK; 14 Killed in Iraq – January 21st, 2019
- Four People Killed in Iraq Attacks – January 20th, 2019
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019