At least 10 Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence. Among the dead were a mosque preacher and Yazidi citizens. A curfew remains in effect as security forces scour the Tikrit area for detainees who escaped in Thursday’s jailbreak.
Two policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Balad Ruz.
Gunmen killed a soldier and wounded two more in Tarmiya.
A roadside bomb blast in Garma killed a civilian and wounded a policeman.
A former governor of Basra province, Muhammad Misbah Waili, was assassinated.
Gunmen killed a preacher in central Kirkuk.
In Mosul, a bomb wounded four civilians.
A blast in Tal Afar wounded three policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019