Violence moved north deep into predominantly Sunni areas. Overall, at least 10 Iraqis were killed and 48 more were wounded across the country. Separately, a member of the Iraqiya list has accused Baghdad of sending security forces to Diyala province to incite violence within the Sunni population.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber attacked a barbershop, where he killed five people and wounded 20 more. Barbershops were a favorite target of insurgents during the height of violence. Thirteen people were wounded when a booby-trapped car blew up.
Three drivers were wounded when bombs targeting their oil trucks exploded in Tuz Khormato.
Two soldiers were killed and a major was wounded during an attack on a Badush checkpoint.
A bomb killed a Sahwa member and wounded two more in Buhriz.
Two people were wounded in a bombing outside a Samarra bank.
A liquor store was blown up in Baiji.
Three large bombs targeting pilgrims in Hilla were discovered and defused.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019