At least six Iraqis were killed and 14 more were wounded in new attacks as the family of an American teacher killed last week buried him on Iraqi soil.
Hundreds of mourners were present at a funeral for Jeremiah Small, the American teacher who was shot and killed last week in Suleimaniya. His father and the father of the shooter, Biyar Sawar, both attended and wanted to turn it into "an event to call for peace and coexistence."
Three policemen were killed in a roadside blast near al-Islah al-Ziraie.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb wounded one person.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Political Blocs Discuss Coalition Building; Seven Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2018
- Militia Armory Burns and Explodes; 15 Killed in Iraq – August 18th, 2018
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018