At least four Iraqis were killed and five more were wounded in fresh attacks. Meanwhile, Kurdish Iraqis in Jalawla are leaving for safer districts. Also, residents of Hit gathered to protest the Assad regime in Syria.
Fearing for their lives, about 170 Kurdish families have fled the Jalawla area in the past week. The exodus began a week ago, after almost 100 Iraqis were killed in attacks in Jalawla and throughout Iraq. They fear new bloodshed and are said to be living in miserable conditions where they are staying.
Residents of Hit protested the regime of Syrian President Bashar Ashad. They called on Arab countries to support the Syrian people by sending fighters there.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed a soldier and wounded five people including civilians.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019