Iraq was relatively quiet today, but insurgents were still able to stage a number of attacks, including some against security personnel. At least 10 Iraqis were killed in the violence or found in an old grave, while 12 more were wounded.
A militia official and two guards were killed in combined bomb and small arms attack near Falluja.
In Baghdad, police shot and killed the son of a Diyala security official when he apparently did not stop at a checkpoint.
Mortar fire in Mosul killed a woman and wounded a child.
The stabbed body of a Sahwa member was found in Iskandariya.
In al-Hamza al-Gharbi, the body of a four-year-old girl was recovered from the Euphrates River. The cause of death was not specified.
The body of one of three missing men was found in Zakho. The other two were released.
A sticky bomb wounded a man near Muqdadiya.
Gunmen in Mahaweel wounded a former army officer.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb wounded a civilian.
Near Baquba, at least two bodies were found in a grave that officials believe dates to 2006 or 2007.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018