Iraq was relatively quiet today, but insurgents were still able to stage a number of attacks, including some against security personnel. At least 10 Iraqis were killed in the violence or found in an old grave, while 12 more were wounded.
A militia official and two guards were killed in combined bomb and small arms attack near Falluja.
In Baghdad, police shot and killed the son of a Diyala security official when he apparently did not stop at a checkpoint.
Mortar fire in Mosul killed a woman and wounded a child.
The stabbed body of a Sahwa member was found in Iskandariya.
In al-Hamza al-Gharbi, the body of a four-year-old girl was recovered from the Euphrates River. The cause of death was not specified.
The body of one of three missing men was found in Zakho. The other two were released.
A sticky bomb wounded a man near Muqdadiya.
Gunmen in Mahaweel wounded a former army officer.
In Ramadi, a sticky bomb wounded a civilian.
Near Baquba, at least two bodies were found in a grave that officials believe dates to 2006 or 2007.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018