Malaysia rejected an Iraqi request to return a former lawmaker who stood accused of terrorist acts. Mohammed al-Daini had been critical of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s government and exposed secret jails. He claimed the charges were politically motivated, and very little evidence against him had been gathered by the time he fled Iraq.
At least eight Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in new violence.
Seven people were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a Shi’ite procession in Balad Ruz.
In Baghdad, an engineer was killed.
A roadside bomb wounded a shepherd in Udhaim.
A bomb targeted a Sahwa commander in Tariqiya
Three people, one a teenager, disappeared in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks in Kirkuk and Diyala provinces; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2019
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019