Updated at 3:15 p.m. EDT, Nov. 7, 2011
Due to the Eid al-Adha holiday, new reports are slim this week. The most significant attack today was an assassination attempt against the governor of Anbar province. Overall, at least five Iraqis were wounded in three separate attacks.
Governor Qasim Mohammed al-Fahadawi of Anbar province was not harmed during a roadside bomb blast that targeted his convoy. Instead, three of his bodyguards were injured, and one of the vehicles was set ablaze. The attack took place as they were traveling near Abu Ghraib and towards Baghdad.
The governor has been the target of at least four attacks since taking office in 2009. That December he was gravely injured during an attack, losing his hand and suffering significant injuries to his leg. Earlier this year, he escaped injury during another bombing that killed three people.
In Baghdad, a sound grenade at a mosque in Adhamiya wounded a policeman when it exploded.
And I.E.D. explosion in Balad wounded a soldier.
Security forces liberated a doctor and arrested his kidnappers during operations north of Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019