At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 90 more were wounded in the latest violence. One attack, on security personnel, took place in Kirkuk where a U.S. general says American troops are no longer needed. Separately, a U.S. soldier was also killed in a rocket or mortar attack. Meanwhile, Turkey continued its aerial assault on suspected P.K.K. hideouts across northern Iraq.
Three people were killed and 79 others were wounded when suicide bomber targeting security personnel detonated his explosives outside a Kirkuk bank. A man and two women were killed. [Video] Authorities reported that 26 policemen were injured as well as 20 bank employees. Thirty neighboring buildings were damaged along with 18 cars.
In Shirqat, an I.E.D. killed a soldier and wounded three others.
Two civilians were killed and another was wounded in a sticky bomb attack in Ramadi.
A mortar attack killed a soldier and wounded two others in Tarmiya.
Gunmen killed a man who was outside his Hibhib home.
An I.E.D. blast in Baquba wounded a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019