What began as a relatively quiet day was shaken by an evening bombing that left over two dozen casualties in the capital. Most of today’s other attacks were in or near Baghdad as well. Overall, at least six Iraqis were killed and 39 others were wounded.
In Baghdad, at least five people were killed and 22 others were wounded in a blast targeting police near a Jihad shopping area. Fifteen minutes later, a bomb in Adhamiya wounded three more people. Last night, a bomb wounded two people in Bayaa.
Eight people were wounded during a blast in Abu Ghraib.
A roadside bomb in Bani Saad wounded three soldiers and an officer.
A dumped body was discovered in Duquq.
In Kanaan, a suspect was arrested. Explosives and an assassination target list were discovered at the site of the raid.
Twenty-seven suspects were detained in Missan province.
Katyusha rockets struck an air base near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018