What began as a relatively quiet day was shaken by an evening bombing that left over two dozen casualties in the capital. Most of today’s other attacks were in or near Baghdad as well. Overall, at least six Iraqis were killed and 39 others were wounded.
In Baghdad, at least five people were killed and 22 others were wounded in a blast targeting police near a Jihad shopping area. Fifteen minutes later, a bomb in Adhamiya wounded three more people. Last night, a bomb wounded two people in Bayaa.
Eight people were wounded during a blast in Abu Ghraib.
A roadside bomb in Bani Saad wounded three soldiers and an officer.
A dumped body was discovered in Duquq.
In Kanaan, a suspect was arrested. Explosives and an assassination target list were discovered at the site of the raid.
Twenty-seven suspects were detained in Missan province.
Katyusha rockets struck an air base near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018
- Airstrikes in Kurdish Region; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 10th, 2018
- Bomb Blast at Mosul Restaurant; 13 Killed in Iraq – November 8th, 2018
- Thirty Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – November 7th, 2018
- More Bombs in Baghdad Despite Ministry Denials; Six Killed in Iraq – November 5th, 2018