What began as a relatively quiet day was shaken by an evening bombing that left over two dozen casualties in the capital. Most of today’s other attacks were in or near Baghdad as well. Overall, at least six Iraqis were killed and 39 others were wounded.
In Baghdad, at least five people were killed and 22 others were wounded in a blast targeting police near a Jihad shopping area. Fifteen minutes later, a bomb in Adhamiya wounded three more people. Last night, a bomb wounded two people in Bayaa.
Eight people were wounded during a blast in Abu Ghraib.
A roadside bomb in Bani Saad wounded three soldiers and an officer.
A dumped body was discovered in Duquq.
In Kanaan, a suspect was arrested. Explosives and an assassination target list were discovered at the site of the raid.
Twenty-seven suspects were detained in Missan province.
Katyusha rockets struck an air base near Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019