At least three Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Three U.S. soldiers were also killed during an attack in southern Iraq.
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in a hostile attack possibly involving an Iranian-made rocket. June has proved to be the deadliest month for Americans in two years. As well as 12 other U.S. soldiers, one contractor was also killed this month. Meanwhile, the Sadrists are running a campaign to bar U.S. personnel from cities and government buildings in southern and central Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were wounded during a shooting in the Ur district. A sticky bomb left on a car belonging to a Sciences and Technology Ministry employee exploded, killing him and wounding his son.
A bomb in Zanbaraniya killed a soldier and wounded four others when it exploded last night.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Deploys More Troops to Kirkuk; 13 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2018
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018