At least three Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded in the latest attacks. Three U.S. soldiers were also killed during an attack in southern Iraq.
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in a hostile attack possibly involving an Iranian-made rocket. June has proved to be the deadliest month for Americans in two years. As well as 12 other U.S. soldiers, one contractor was also killed this month. Meanwhile, the Sadrists are running a campaign to bar U.S. personnel from cities and government buildings in southern and central Iraq.
In Baghdad, two policemen were wounded during a shooting in the Ur district. A sticky bomb left on a car belonging to a Sciences and Technology Ministry employee exploded, killing him and wounding his son.
A bomb in Zanbaraniya killed a soldier and wounded four others when it exploded last night.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019