At least 13 Iraqis were killed and 33 more wounded in the latest violence. Meanwhile, back in the United States, a federal grand jury is investigating claims that C.I.A. agents were involved in some abuse cases.
Police in Mosul prevented a man from immolating himself after losing his temporary job allegedly to someone with government connection. A landmine killed a woman, while two soldiers were killed in separate attacks.
Two beheaded bodies were found in Baaj.
A sticky bomb in Mussayab killed a policeman.
In Balad, a Sunni preacher was injured during an attempt on his life.
Fourteen suspects were arrested in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019