Unusually light violence left three wounded. Meanwhile, some analysts are now saying that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki‘s recent turnaround on U.S. troops remaining in Iraq was really a political challenge to Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.
In Baghdad, over 500 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square to demand better services and more jobs.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Thirteen suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Attacks in Kirkuk and Diyala provinces; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2019
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019