Unusually light violence left three wounded. Meanwhile, some analysts are now saying that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki‘s recent turnaround on U.S. troops remaining in Iraq was really a political challenge to Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.
In Baghdad, over 500 demonstrators gathered in Tahrir Square to demand better services and more jobs.
Three people were wounded in a blast in Baquba.
Thirteen suspects were detained across Diyala province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019