At least eight Iraqis were killed and 17 more were wounded in new violence and a prison riot.
A riot at a prison in Tikrit left two inmates dead and 14 people wounded, including seven policemen. Apparently, the prison was damaged to the point that remaining prisoner had to be transferred elsewhere. Also, the city was put under a curfew in case any inmates escaped.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a clinic employee near his home. A policeman was wounded during a blast targeting his patrol. A sticky bomb killed a policeman. Gunmen also killed an army officer during an invasion of his sister’s home.
Soldiers killed an Islamic State of Iraq leader in Addaya.
Two people were killed in Shurqat as they were allegedly planting a bomb.
In Baghdad, a blast in Bayaa wounded two people.
Eight wanted suspects were arrested in Basra.
Two Islamic State of Iraq members were arrested in Safra.
A weapons cache found near Kut gave up 640 landmines and other munitions that once belonged to the former Iraqi army.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018