At least three Iraqis were killed and 16 more were wounded, but only attacks in Baghdad were reported. Meanwhile, Muslim and Christians leaders met today to show a united front and call for increased protection of religious minorities. Also, at a U.S. State Department press conference, U.S. Adm. Michael Mullen agreed the incursions by the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) into northern Turkey must end.
In Baghdad, one person was killed and five others were wounded during a blast near Abdel Qadir Gilani Sunni mosque. A bombing in Husseiniya Square, Karrada, killed one and wounded four people. Four people were wounded during another bomb attack, this one near the Sunni Al-Assaf mosque in Adhamiya. Another blast near a mosque left at least two wounded. Gunmen killed jewelry owner and wounded his wife during an attack in Alam.
Seventeen wanted suspects were detained in Basra province where a large assortment of weapons was seized.
Asayesh agents discovered a weapons cache near Arbil and arrested a suspect.
Seven suspects were captured in Kirkuk.
In Mosul, an I.E.D. factory was found thanks to a confession.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019