At least four Iraqis were killed and eight more were wounded in the latest attacks, while 11 badly decomposed bodies were discovered in a mass grave. It is expected that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki will unveil his new cabinet tomorrow. Iraqiya leader Ayad Allawi will be watching carefully, making sure Maliki sticks to his promise to fairly distribute the streets.
In Baghdad, six security elements were wounded in a blast in Ghazaliya. A sticky bomb wounded a television employee near al-Shabb Stadium. One civilian was injured when a sticky bomb exploded on Palestine Street. An Interior Ministry employee was stabbed to death.
Gunmen in Abu Ghraib killed a security guard.
A four-member gang comprised of Iranian men and women was arrested during a gold-store robbery in Nasariya.
A suicide bomber who struck in Balad Ruz on Monday was identified as a former prison detainee and mosque preacher.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019