At least seven Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Shi’ite Iraqis began Ramadan fasting today. Also, the U.S. wants Iraq to increase its share of aid to victims of U.S. combat operations.
An American contractor who was kidnapped and held by the League of the Righteous militant group spoke of his ordeal and warned of the group’s growing influence.
Four team members were killed when a bomb disposal unit failed to defuse a bomb in Baaj.
One policeman was killed and five others were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb attached to a Shurqat police officer’s vehicle exploded and wounded two guards.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another at a checkpoint.
A motorcycle bomb was defused in Amara.
Wassit province tightened security for the Ramadan observances.
The Justice Department released 180 detainees due to lack of evidence.
Oil flow resumed on the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline after a blast and subsequent fire interrupted service earlier this week.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018
- Eleven ISIS Militants Killed in Iraq – May 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018