At least seven Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Shi’ite Iraqis began Ramadan fasting today. Also, the U.S. wants Iraq to increase its share of aid to victims of U.S. combat operations.
An American contractor who was kidnapped and held by the League of the Righteous militant group spoke of his ordeal and warned of the group’s growing influence.
Four team members were killed when a bomb disposal unit failed to defuse a bomb in Baaj.
One policeman was killed and five others were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb attached to a Shurqat police officer’s vehicle exploded and wounded two guards.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another at a checkpoint.
A motorcycle bomb was defused in Amara.
Wassit province tightened security for the Ramadan observances.
The Justice Department released 180 detainees due to lack of evidence.
Oil flow resumed on the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline after a blast and subsequent fire interrupted service earlier this week.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019