At least seven Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Shi’ite Iraqis began Ramadan fasting today. Also, the U.S. wants Iraq to increase its share of aid to victims of U.S. combat operations.
An American contractor who was kidnapped and held by the League of the Righteous militant group spoke of his ordeal and warned of the group’s growing influence.
Four team members were killed when a bomb disposal unit failed to defuse a bomb in Baaj.
One policeman was killed and five others were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb attached to a Shurqat police officer’s vehicle exploded and wounded two guards.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another at a checkpoint.
A motorcycle bomb was defused in Amara.
Wassit province tightened security for the Ramadan observances.
The Justice Department released 180 detainees due to lack of evidence.
Oil flow resumed on the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline after a blast and subsequent fire interrupted service earlier this week.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018