At least seven Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded in light violence. Shi’ite Iraqis began Ramadan fasting today. Also, the U.S. wants Iraq to increase its share of aid to victims of U.S. combat operations.
An American contractor who was kidnapped and held by the League of the Righteous militant group spoke of his ordeal and warned of the group’s growing influence.
Four team members were killed when a bomb disposal unit failed to defuse a bomb in Baaj.
One policeman was killed and five others were wounded in an attack on a checkpoint in Garma.
A bomb attached to a Shurqat police officer’s vehicle exploded and wounded two guards.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a soldier and wounded another at a checkpoint.
A motorcycle bomb was defused in Amara.
Wassit province tightened security for the Ramadan observances.
The Justice Department released 180 detainees due to lack of evidence.
Oil flow resumed on the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline after a blast and subsequent fire interrupted service earlier this week.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018
- Baghdad Targeted for Small Attacks; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2018
- Home Invasion and Bomb Rattle Town near Balad; Nine Killed Across Iraq – February 12th, 2018
- Landmine Kills Peshmerga Member; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2018