Updated at 8:22 p.m. EST, Nov. 6, 2009
At least four Iraqis were killed and nine more were wounded in the latest attacks. Back in the United States, an army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 fellow soldiers at Fort Hood and fearful of an impending deployment was scheduled to go to Afghanistan, not Iraq.
A barber was shot dead and another person was injured in Baquba. Barbers have often been targets for violence because of the perception that their jobs are too Western.
Gunmen killed an Awakening Council member in Rashad.
The body of a Peshmerga fighter was discovered near Kirkuk.
A bombing in Jurf al-Milah left one wounded.
In Saidiya, two civilians were wounded in a bomb attack.
Eleven suspects were detained in Baquba.
The Justice Department released 115 detainees after investigations determined they were innocent.
Two Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) members handed themselves over to Turkish authorities after crossing the border from Iraq. PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan, who is imprisoned in Turkey, has asked followers to turn themselves over to Turkey in a new bid for peace.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019