Updated at 7:41 p.m. EDT, July, 3, 2009
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spent part of his three-day trip to Iraq speaking with Gen. Ray Odierno and Ambassador Christopher Hill over breakfast. He also plans to meet with President Jalal Talabani and Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. Several NFL coaches visited Iraq also, as part of a USO trip. Meanwhile, three Iraqis were killed and four more were wounded across northern Iraq.
An bombing that was reported to have taken place in Kirkuk/Taza yesterday actually took place in al-Zab. The number of casualties rose overnight to two dead and nine wounded, upping yesterday’s figures by one dead and three wounded.
A body was found in Kirkuk.
One policeman was injured during a blast in Tikrit late yesterday.
Gunmen stormed a home in Kut where they killed a man.
Two Naqshbandi Army suspects were arrested near Makhmour.
A U.S. drone crashed near Delta Base, which is just west of Kut.
In Baghdad, saboteurs blew up four electrical towers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019