Updated at 10:15 p.m. EST, Apr. 15, 2009
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 27 more were wounded in a pair of incidents in Kirkuk and Baghdad. No Coalition deaths were reported.
An Iraqi-born, Dutch citizen was convicted in the United States for orchestrating a roadside bombing in Iraq. As part of an agreement between the U.S. and the Netherlands, he will now be handed over to Dutch authorities and will serve out his sentence there. He faces up to 25 years for the incident, which left no casualties. Also, a U.S. soldier was convicted of murdering four Iraqis in 2007.
A suicide bomber targeted a convoy of security guards in Kirkuk. At least 14 people were killed and 23 more were wounded, but the toll is expected to rise. Outside of the city, U.S. forces killed one gunman and arrested two others. Two fake bombs were discovered.
Security forces arrested 149 suspects during ongoing operation in Basra.
Security forces raided the Suwayra home of a new Wassit provincial member. No one was arrested.
A munitions cache was found in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019