Updated at 4:40 p.m. EDT, Sept. 29, 2008
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed during a small arms attack in Baghdad. Meanwhile, Iraq purchased 12 U.S. reconnaissance planes. Also, the government will now permit Iraqi doctors to carry weapons for self-defense.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two brothers, who were also security personnel. Four people were wounded in a car bomb attack. One dumped body was found. A Sunni Arab tribal leader died of wounds received last night in a car bombing. Also, a taxi driver was wounded when a bomb was detonated underneath his cab.
One person was killed and three others were wounded in a roadside bomb blast in Iskandariya.
A roadside bomb wounded five people, including the mayor of Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Kirkuk wounded a civilian and a policeman.
Border guards set up checkpoints in Missan province and the Kurdish Autonomous Region.
Security forces arrested 21 people suspected of involvement on an attack on the mayor of Saidiya.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019