Updated at 4:40 p.m. EDT, Sept. 29, 2008
At least eight Iraqis were killed and 15 more were wounded in the latest violence. Also, one U.S. soldier was killed during a small arms attack in Baghdad. Meanwhile, Iraq purchased 12 U.S. reconnaissance planes. Also, the government will now permit Iraqi doctors to carry weapons for self-defense.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two brothers, who were also security personnel. Four people were wounded in a car bomb attack. One dumped body was found. A Sunni Arab tribal leader died of wounds received last night in a car bombing. Also, a taxi driver was wounded when a bomb was detonated underneath his cab.
One person was killed and three others were wounded in a roadside bomb blast in Iskandariya.
A roadside bomb wounded five people, including the mayor of Samarra.
A roadside bomb in Kirkuk wounded a civilian and a policeman.
Border guards set up checkpoints in Missan province and the Kurdish Autonomous Region.
Security forces arrested 21 people suspected of involvement on an attack on the mayor of Saidiya.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019