Updated at 4:58 p.m. EDT, Sept. 14, 2008
At least 17 Iraqis were killed and 24 more were wounded in the latest attacks. One U.S. soldier died in a non-combat incident as well. Also, Iraq wants the U.S. and Iran to resume talks on Iraq security that began last year. Meanwhile, the U.S. is trying to push through more arms deal for Iraq and Afghanistan.
In Mosul, two brothers were found shot to death. Gunmen attacked a publishing house, wounding three workers and a passerby. Two policemen were killed and one more was wounded in an attack at a checkpoint.
In Baghdad, two civilians were injured by a bomb blast in Maysaloon Square. Mortars struck the Green Zone without leaving casualties. A bomb killed two people and wounded six others in Karrada. Two dumped bodies were found. Also, 33 suspects were detained.
A roadside bomb targeting a U.S. patrol in Hawija wounded three civilians instead.
In Saidiya, three bombs killed seven policemen and wounded six more.
A roadside bomb in Fallujah killed a civilian and wounded two policemen. One of the policemen is in critical condition.
An Awakening Council (Sahwa) member was killed when gunmen attacked a checkpoint in Iskandariya.
Four suspects were arrested in Saidiya.
Four suspects, three of them wanted men, were detained in Makhmour.
In Diyala, a man suspected of killing 50 people was arrested.
Compiled by Margaret GriffisRead more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019