Updated at 9:05 p.m. EDT, July 14, 2008
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. One U.S. soldier died from a non-combat related incident as well.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and 14 others were wounded when a hand grenade was lobbed at them during a gathering in Allawi. Two dumped bodies were discovered.
Three decomposed bodies were discovered in Muqdadiyah.
A body was found in Mahaweel.
In Baquba, an IED wounded three members of the local Awakening Council.
A roadside bomb near the Peshta border crossing with Iran injured two border guards.
Peaceful marchers in Hawija demanded that provincial elections take place on schedule.
Fallujah is under a curfew following yesterday’s pair of bomb blasts targeting local officials.
Fourteen detainees were released from U.S. custody after swearing to uphold the peace.
Two high-ranking army officers were kidnapped in Kirkuk.
An Iraqi fisherman who came too close to Iranian waters was shot and wounded by Iranian border guards.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019