Updated at 9:05 p.m. EDT, July 14, 2008
At least 16 Iraqis were killed and 20 more were wounded in the latest round of violence. One U.S. soldier died from a non-combat related incident as well.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and 14 others were wounded when a hand grenade was lobbed at them during a gathering in Allawi. Two dumped bodies were discovered.
Three decomposed bodies were discovered in Muqdadiyah.
A body was found in Mahaweel.
In Baquba, an IED wounded three members of the local Awakening Council.
A roadside bomb near the Peshta border crossing with Iran injured two border guards.
Peaceful marchers in Hawija demanded that provincial elections take place on schedule.
Fallujah is under a curfew following yesterday’s pair of bomb blasts targeting local officials.
Fourteen detainees were released from U.S. custody after swearing to uphold the peace.
Two high-ranking army officers were kidnapped in Kirkuk.
An Iraqi fisherman who came too close to Iranian waters was shot and wounded by Iranian border guards.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018
- Fresh Operations near Mosul; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2018
- 25 Killed in Turkish Strikes Against PKK in Northern Iraq – November 13th, 2018
- Sunni Militia Officer Among 16 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2018
- Air Strikes Continue in North; 29 Killed in Iraq – November 11th, 2018