Updated at 5:49 p.m. EDT, July 12, 2009
At least 23 Iraqis were killed and 16 others were wounded across Iraq. Several weapons caches discovered and confiscated at well. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, a bomb in a Adhamiya wounded six people; and unknown number of U.S. soldiers were injured in the blast.. A bomb planted on a car belonging to the head of traffic police injured him. In Doura, two people were wounded in a roadside bombing. Also, Iraqi security forces detained 52 people across Baghdad; one personnel member was killed and another was wounded.
A roadside bomb in Kirkuk killed one woman and wounded four others, including a police official; this was the second time in two months, the official survived an attack. Seven gunmen were killed during a raid.
An explosion in Saraw village killed two people.
In Tal Afar, a policeman was killed during a bombing.
The bodies of seven kidnap victims were discovered near Tal Afar in the village of al-Mahalabiyah.
Ten suspects were arrested in Baquba.
In Yusufiya, eight suspects were detained.
In Kut, a large cache of anti-tank missiles was found.
Two bombs were defused in Maysan province.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019