Updated at 12:15 a.m. EDT, July 6, 2008
At least 15 Iraqis were killed and another 27 were wounded in the latest reported attacks. Two foreign fighters were also killed. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, A bomb hidden inside a fire extinguisher was found and successfully defused at the Yarmouk Hospital. A car bombing took place outside the same hospital yesterday, killing two and wounding eight; another car bombing took place there on Thursday. A roadside bomb injured two people, including a policeman, in the Karrada district. Iraqi forces arrested 37 gunmen across the city and defused 24 bombs, mostly in Abu Ghraib. Three dumped bodies were found. Also, Iraqi troops stormed and closed an al-Sadr office in Shula.
A bomb planted near a home in Jalawla injured six family members.
Two bodies were found in Makhmour.
Iraqi police killed two Iraqi and two foreign fighters near Tikrit.
A body bearing the usual gunshot wounds and torture marks was discovered in Mahaweel.
A Mahdi Army member was captured in Kut.
In Kirkuk, a bomb targeting a Patriotic Union of Kurdistan official failed to harm anyone.
A bomb attached to a car in Nasiriyah killed one person and injured a second.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019