Updated at 6:52 p.m. EDT, June 27, 2008
Blaming a sandstorm, U.S. forces delayed the handover of Anbar province to Iraqi security forces. Yesterday, a bombing there killed over 20 people including U.S. Marines and local tribal leaders. At least 10 Iraqis were killed and six were wounded across Iraq today. Because it is the weekly prayer day, fewer reports are coming out of the region. No Coalition deaths were reported.
In Baghdad, a high-ranking judge was assassinated while on the Canal Highway. A U.S. helicopter made a hard landing at the Baghdad airport; no casualties or enemy fire were reported. Also, at least two dumped bodies were recovered in northern Baghdad, and one body was found in southern Baghdad.
Dozens of Sadrists were randomly arrested in Karbala after Friday prayers, in possible violation of a cease-fire agreed to by the central government and Sadrist leaders. Also, U.S. forces killed one suspect and arrested four more.
Gunmen wounded a policeman at a checkpoint in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mahaweel, a dumped body was recovered.
One shepherd was killed and two more were wounded during a roadside bombing near Khanaqin.
U.S. forces detained eight suspects across northern and central Iraq.
Twenty-five gunmen turned themselves in to security forces in Maysan province.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018