Updated at 4:30 p.m. EDT, June 14, 2008
At least 12 Iraqis were killed and 89 were wounded in the latest attacks, which centered largely around Diyala Province. US forces also killed a “suspected terrorist” of unknown nationality during a raid on a building in Mosul. 15 others were arrested.
In Central Mosul, an off-duty police officer and his brother were killed by gunmen in front of their house. In the eastern district of al-Darkazliya a woman was wounded by an IED attack. In Hay al-Zahra, Iraqi troops shot and wounded a mentally ill civilian, whom they mistook for a suicide bomber.
In Central Samarra, a roadside bomb hit a traffic patrol, killing one officer and wounding six others.
In Balad, an IED killed two Iraqi soldiers and wounded another.
In Northern Basra, an attack on a checkpoint injured a police officer.
In Baquba, an IED killed one Awakening fighter and wounded two others. In nearby Khanaqin, three border guards were injured by an IED. In a seperate incident also in Khanaqin, a suicide bomber wounded 29 in an outdoor market. In Qurat Tabba, a female suicide bomber struck celebrating soccer fans, killing two and injuring 37, including 27 civilians.
In Baghdad, a bomb on a bus killed 2 civilians and wounded 7 others.
In Sulaimaniyah, a Kurdish security officer was wounded in a clash with drug smugglers on the Iranian border
Compiled by Jason Ditz
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militia Convoy Attacked; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2019
- Security Forces Rescue 30 Civilians; Three Killed in Iraq – February 13th, 2019
- 10 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 3 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2019
- Five Killed in Iraq, Including Security Personnel – February 11th, 2019
- Security Personnel Among 10 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2019