Updated at 12:50 a.m. EDT, June 12, 2008
At 26 Iraqis were killed and 40 more were wounded, mostly during a series of explosions in Baghdad. Two U.S. military deaths were reported as well. Meanwhile, the Iraqi ambassador in Tehran said a bomb was found at his home, but Iranian authorities claimed a suspicious package was not packed with explosives.
In Baghdad, five minibus passengers were killed and 10 were wounded during a bombing in Hurriya. A roadside bomb in Kamb Sara killed one civilian and wounded seven others. One person was killed and seven more were injured during a blast in Karrada. A bomb blast near a Binouk petrol station injured two people. Also, one gunman was killed and over 50 were detained in security operations.
Five bodies bearing gunshot and torture wounds were found in Fallujah.
Awja remains under a curfew after the death of a tribal leader there yesterday.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were killed and 16 more were detained in Buhriz.
In Numaniya, U.S. forces captured a “special groups” suspect they believe is a bomb expert. “Special groups” is a term used by the military to describe Iranian-backed militia groups.
Eighteen wanted men were arrested in Karbala.
In Nasr, 24 suspects were detained.
Near the Iranian border in Diyala province, a roadside bomb killed three Kurdish soldiers and wounded three more.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019