Updated at 12:50 a.m. EDT, June 12, 2008
At 26 Iraqis were killed and 40 more were wounded, mostly during a series of explosions in Baghdad. Two U.S. military deaths were reported as well. Meanwhile, the Iraqi ambassador in Tehran said a bomb was found at his home, but Iranian authorities claimed a suspicious package was not packed with explosives.
In Baghdad, five minibus passengers were killed and 10 were wounded during a bombing in Hurriya. A roadside bomb in Kamb Sara killed one civilian and wounded seven others. One person was killed and seven more were injured during a blast in Karrada. A bomb blast near a Binouk petrol station injured two people. Also, one gunman was killed and over 50 were detained in security operations.
Five bodies bearing gunshot and torture wounds were found in Fallujah.
Awja remains under a curfew after the death of a tribal leader there yesterday.
Two al-Qaeda suspects were killed and 16 more were detained in Buhriz.
In Numaniya, U.S. forces captured a “special groups” suspect they believe is a bomb expert. “Special groups” is a term used by the military to describe Iranian-backed militia groups.
Eighteen wanted men were arrested in Karbala.
In Nasr, 24 suspects were detained.
Near the Iranian border in Diyala province, a roadside bomb killed three Kurdish soldiers and wounded three more.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Security Personnel Among 10 Killed in Iraq – November 20th, 2018
- Bodies of Kidnapped Pilgrims Found; 22 Killed in Iraq – November 19th, 2018
- Car Bomb Rattles Tikrit; 19 Killed in Iraq – November 18th, 2018
- Basra Protest Organizer Among Eight Killed in Iraq – November 17th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Bomb Civilians; Six Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2018