Updated at 8:00 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2008
At least 26 Iraqis were killed and 35 more were wounded in light violence. A US soldier was killed during an armed attack in Fallujah yesterday. Also, U.S. forces arrested four Iraqi journalists in Diyala province.
In Baghdad, Iraqi forces came under fire in Amin; eight gunmen and one soldier were killed while 10 soldiers were also wounded. A bomb injured three people in Alawi. One person was injured when a car bomb was detonated in Tayaran Square. Also, three dumped bodies were found.
Seven suspects were detained in Sadr City. Witnesses say that eight people were killed and 13 others were wounded during a U.S. airstrike.
Four guards were wounded when a bomb exploded at a Mussayab power station.
An Iraqi army officer was killed during an armed attack near his home in Numaniya.
Gunmen killed a teacher in Yusufiya.
In Diyala province, 64 innocent detainees were released.
Thirty suspects were detained in Balad Ruz.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 47 Bodies Found in Mass Grave; 13 Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2019
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019