Updated at 12:45 a.m. EST, Jan. 28, 2008
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded during a light day of violence. Also, three American soldiers were killed. Meanwhile, Iraqi troops are on their way to Mosul for a major operation.
In northeastern Baghdad today, an IED killed a American soldier. Another U.S. soldier was killed during an IED bombing in Baghdad’s Kadhimiya district yesterday. Also, the DOD reported that an American soldier was killed in an IED explosion in Baghdad on Friday.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed a home in Talibiya last night, where they killed a married couple along with their son-in-law and daughter. Six were injured during a roadside bombing in Qahira. An IED wounded two civilians in Karrada. Five women were kidnapped from the College of Languages in New Baghdad; however, the dean denied this. Also, four dumped bodies were recovered.
A man was gunned down outside his Kirkuk home.
Four bodies were found near Muqdadiyah in Shirween village.
Troop reinforcements and heavy machinery are arriving in Mosul for a major offensive against suspected al-Qaeda militants.
Two people were wounded during an IED explosion in Saidiyah.
Clashes in Dalli Abbasi left two policemen with injuries.
The body of a Sheikh was found in downtown Basra.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish Town Strikes Against Deteriorating Security; 24 Killed in Iraq – June 22nd, 2018
- Mass ISIS Grave Yields 167 Bodies; 19 Killed Recently in Iraq – June 20th, 2018
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018