Updated at 12:45 a.m. EST, Jan. 28, 2008
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 12 more were wounded during a light day of violence. Also, three American soldiers were killed. Meanwhile, Iraqi troops are on their way to Mosul for a major operation.
In northeastern Baghdad today, an IED killed a American soldier. Another U.S. soldier was killed during an IED bombing in Baghdad’s Kadhimiya district yesterday. Also, the DOD reported that an American soldier was killed in an IED explosion in Baghdad on Friday.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed a home in Talibiya last night, where they killed a married couple along with their son-in-law and daughter. Six were injured during a roadside bombing in Qahira. An IED wounded two civilians in Karrada. Five women were kidnapped from the College of Languages in New Baghdad; however, the dean denied this. Also, four dumped bodies were recovered.
A man was gunned down outside his Kirkuk home.
Four bodies were found near Muqdadiyah in Shirween village.
Troop reinforcements and heavy machinery are arriving in Mosul for a major offensive against suspected al-Qaeda militants.
Two people were wounded during an IED explosion in Saidiyah.
Clashes in Dalli Abbasi left two policemen with injuries.
The body of a Sheikh was found in downtown Basra.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Attack Federal Police Unit; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 11th, 2018
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018