Updated at 5:25 p.m. EST, Dec. 21, 2007
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded during a day of extremely light violence. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Three bodies were recovered in Baghdad.
Three hostages were freed and three gangs of kidnappers were arrested in separate incidents around Karbala.
A roadside bomb blasted a British vehicle near Basra. No casualties were reported.
Mortars fell south of Baquba on al-Salam where they killed one child and wounded two others.
In Balad Ruz, gunmen killed three people.
A man was kidnapped in al-Touz.
Mortars damaged a shop in Balad but no casualties were reported.
Coalition forces killed one suspect and detained 19 other during operations in northern and central Iraq.
Because of the combined Eid al-Adha and Christmas holidays, newspapers in Iraq have ceased publication until next Wednesday. News from the country may be scant until then.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019