Updated at 5:25 p.m. EST, Dec. 21, 2007
At least 14 Iraqis were killed and 10 more were wounded during a day of extremely light violence. No Coalition deaths were reported.
Three bodies were recovered in Baghdad.
Three hostages were freed and three gangs of kidnappers were arrested in separate incidents around Karbala.
A roadside bomb blasted a British vehicle near Basra. No casualties were reported.
Mortars fell south of Baquba on al-Salam where they killed one child and wounded two others.
In Balad Ruz, gunmen killed three people.
A man was kidnapped in al-Touz.
Mortars damaged a shop in Balad but no casualties were reported.
Coalition forces killed one suspect and detained 19 other during operations in northern and central Iraq.
Because of the combined Eid al-Adha and Christmas holidays, newspapers in Iraq have ceased publication until next Wednesday. News from the country may be scant until then.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018