Updated at 11:11 p.m. EDT, Sept. 14, 2007
At least 43 Iraqis were killed and 20 more wounded. Among the incidents was a suicide bombing in Baiji that killed or wounded over two dozen people. A roadside bomb killed four GIs in Diyala province today. Three GIs were wounded in combat in Garma; usually, GI injuries do not get reported in the media.
Outside a Baiji restaurant/checkpoint, a suicide truck bomber rammed his vehicle into two parked police cars killing 11 people, mostly policemen, and wounding 16 others.
In Baghdad, six dumped bodies were recovered; three of the corpses were beheaded and found in Doura.
Outside Baghdad, gunmen killed three farmers who were guarding their small village.
Gunmen shot three people dead near Suwayra.
A woman was killed and her daughter wounded during an armed attack in Hawija.
A roadside bomb in Fallujah killed one policeman and wounded two others.
In Balad, the bodies of a judge and a police officer were found.
The body of a former Iraqi Army major general was found yesterday in Mosul; he had been kidnapped on Monday.
At the central Hilla home of a senior army official, gunmen clashed with guards, killing one and wounding a second.
Three gunmen were killed and three others arrested after they were caught planting a roadside bomb in Khalis.
Compiled by Margaret Griffis
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018