A spokesman for the Harakat Hezbollah al Nujaba, one of the militias fighting within the Popular Mobilization Forces, said the group has promised to give up its heavy weapons once ISIS/Daesh is defeated.
At least 15 people were killed or found dead, and four were wounded:
A P.U.K. leader was shot dead and his son was wounded in Khanaqin. Hussein Mohammed Maarouf was killed was returning to his home in the Qulai district. The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan is one of the political parties in Kurdistan.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one person and wounded three others.
A bomb killed a militia commander in the Hamrin Hills.
In Mosul, seven militants were killed.
Three militants blew themselves up near the Syrian border.
In Nineveh, two militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018