In Tuz Khurmatu, Directorate of Security Affairs head, Kawa Parwiz, reported that 1,500 civilian homes belonging to Kurds have been looted and destroyed by Shi’ite militias.
Troops liberated six villages in the Rawah area.
At least 12 people were killed, and one was wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded an employee of the ministry of electricity.
Airstrikes left five militants dead at the Diyala-Salah ad Din border.
Security forces killed three militants in Jada’a.
Another three were killed in Batma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bodies of Three Soldiers Found After Missing for Two Years; Two Killed in Iraq – May 19th, 2018
- Turkish Soldier Among 27 Killed in Iraq – May 18th, 2018
- Denmark Withdrawing Special Forces; 12 Killed in Iraq – May 17th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Funeral; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 16th, 2018
- Sadr Offices Bombed; 10 Killed in Iraq – May 15th, 2018