In Tuz Khurmatu, Directorate of Security Affairs head, Kawa Parwiz, reported that 1,500 civilian homes belonging to Kurds have been looted and destroyed by Shi’ite militias.
Troops liberated six villages in the Rawah area.
At least 12 people were killed, and one was wounded in recent violence:
In Baghdad, a bomb wounded an employee of the ministry of electricity.
Airstrikes left five militants dead at the Diyala-Salah ad Din border.
Security forces killed three militants in Jada’a.
Another three were killed in Batma.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018