The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018