The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Old ISIS Explosives Wound Children; 17 Killed in Iraq – January 19th, 2018
- Mass Grave Filled with Policemen; 30 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2018
- Attacks Shift to Diyala Province; 11 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2018
- Mass Grave at Badush Prison; 66 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2018
- Bloody Day in Baghdad; 53 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2018