The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iran-Iraq War Remains Exchanged; Five Killed in Iraq – December 18th, 2018
- Children Among Casualties in Basra; Nine Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2018
- Turkey Continues Unapproved Airstrikes; 24 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2018
- Civilians Bombed in Turkish Strikes; 26 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2018
- Turkey Bombs PKK Sites; Three Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2018