The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018
- Children Found in Mosul Mass Grave; 11 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 15th, 2018