The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Kidnappings Increase Significantly; 37 Killed in Iraq – June 19th, 2018
- Shepherds Kidnapped and Executed; 16 Killed in Iraq – June 18th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operation Launched in Anbar; 45 Killed in Iraq – June 17th, 2018
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018