The Iraqi High Commission for Human Rights believes about 10,000 people are still trapped In Islamic State territory in Anbar province.
Former Nineveh Governor Atheel al-Nujaif announced that Sunni Arabs will no longer be seeking their own autonomous region.
At least 11 people were killed, and two more were wounded in recent violence:
A family of five was killed in Mosul, when they returned to their booby-trapped home.
Militants attacked al-Jeel, where they killed a woman and wounded two others. Civilians confronted the attackers for about 90 minutes.
Airstrikes in western Anbar province left six militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Journalist, Turkish Soldiers Among 34 Killed in Iraq – November 16th, 2017
- ISIS Operations Ramp up in Anbar; 48 Killed in Iraq – November 15th, 2017
- ISIS Battles Near Kirkuk; 33 Killed in Iraq – November 14th, 2017
- Militias Destroy Kurd Homes; 12 Killed in Iraq – November 13th, 2017
- US Service Member Among 19 Killed in Iraq – November 12th, 2017