Peshmerga forces are reinforcing their positions in the Hawija.
At least 49 others were killed and 12 were wounded in recent violence:
In Taji, a civilian was killed and two soldiers were wounded when a bomb was left under a car.
A bomb in Hamman al-Alil killed a civilian and wounded three police.
A bomb wounded five Peshmerga in Chami Rokhana.
Turkish airstrikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab.
Two security personnel were wounded in an I.E.D. attack in Falahat.
In Malla Jasem and Ebrat Aziz, up to 20 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 10 militants in Rawah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018