Peshmerga forces are reinforcing their positions in the Hawija.
At least 49 others were killed and 12 were wounded in recent violence:
In Taji, a civilian was killed and two soldiers were wounded when a bomb was left under a car.
A bomb in Hamman al-Alil killed a civilian and wounded three police.
A bomb wounded five Peshmerga in Chami Rokhana.
Turkish airstrikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab.
Two security personnel were wounded in an I.E.D. attack in Falahat.
In Malla Jasem and Ebrat Aziz, up to 20 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 10 militants in Rawah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018