Peshmerga forces are reinforcing their positions in the Hawija.
At least 49 others were killed and 12 were wounded in recent violence:
In Taji, a civilian was killed and two soldiers were wounded when a bomb was left under a car.
A bomb in Hamman al-Alil killed a civilian and wounded three police.
A bomb wounded five Peshmerga in Chami Rokhana.
Turkish airstrikes killed three members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.) in Zab.
Two security personnel were wounded in an I.E.D. attack in Falahat.
In Malla Jasem and Ebrat Aziz, up to 20 militants were killed.
An airstrike killed 10 militants in Rawah.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017