Iraqi forces in Mosul on Monday consolidated gains and expanded on them.
At least 285 were killed and 16 more wounded:
Fifteen displaced persons were killed in the Hamrin Mountains, when an I.E.D. exploded.
Iraqi forces killed 267 militants in operations across Iraq. As well as the assault on Mosul, security personnel have launch a major operation in western Anbar province. Among them were 10 militants, who were killed by Shi’ite militiamen in western Mosul. Forty more were killed in Mosul’s Palestine neighborhood. Security forces killed four militants in Hawija. Twenty militants were killed in a strike on Tal Afar. A missile killed five militants in Shirqat. Six militants were killed in an airstrike; one is believed to be an aide to Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
In Mosul, a sniper killed an infant and wounded its mother as they tried to escape the battlefield.
A militant died in Iskandariya when the bomb he was planting exploded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurd Election Official Assassinated; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2018
- VP of Iraqi Olympic Committee Kidnapped; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2018
- ISIS Threatens Polling Stations; Four Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2018
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018