The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports that 300 Daesh child soldiers were killed in Mosul operations. They believe the children were brought to Mosul from Syria. It is unclear if these deaths have already been counted in official figures.
The village of Ali Rash was liberated. Kanona and Rozbian were also freed, as were about 11 villages west of Mosul, including Amrini, Ayin Al-Baiyza, Jarn, Mad Al-Dibaj, Mistanqa’ al-Thanya, Qariya Al-Shik, Salmani, and Zarka. Also freed were Faziliya, Kani Shirin, Khadheir, Kevrok, Khrab Bet, and Qabr Esaaq.
Militants have trapped 7,000 civilians in Anah.
At least 255 people were killed and 60 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a car bomb at a produce market in the Hurriya district killed eight and wounded 34 more. At least seven were killed and 26 were wounded by blasts in Sadr City and the Shabb, Tobchi and Zataria neighborhoods. Two teenagers were shot dead in Sadr City purportedly for exhibiting “emo style” dress.
A bomb in Adhaim killed two refugees.
Militants executed 50 of their own on treason charges at the Ghazlani Camp.
Clashes in Tal Keif left 20 militants dead.
Strikes left 15 militants dead near Qaraqosh and Shura.
Near Hawija, a strike killed a wali and seven bodyguards.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018