The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports that 300 Daesh child soldiers were killed in Mosul operations. They believe the children were brought to Mosul from Syria. It is unclear if these deaths have already been counted in official figures.
The village of Ali Rash was liberated. Kanona and Rozbian were also freed, as were about 11 villages west of Mosul, including Amrini, Ayin Al-Baiyza, Jarn, Mad Al-Dibaj, Mistanqa’ al-Thanya, Qariya Al-Shik, Salmani, and Zarka. Also freed were Faziliya, Kani Shirin, Khadheir, Kevrok, Khrab Bet, and Qabr Esaaq.
Militants have trapped 7,000 civilians in Anah.
At least 255 people were killed and 60 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a car bomb at a produce market in the Hurriya district killed eight and wounded 34 more. At least seven were killed and 26 were wounded by blasts in Sadr City and the Shabb, Tobchi and Zataria neighborhoods. Two teenagers were shot dead in Sadr City purportedly for exhibiting “emo style” dress.
A bomb in Adhaim killed two refugees.
Militants executed 50 of their own on treason charges at the Ghazlani Camp.
Clashes in Tal Keif left 20 militants dead.
Strikes left 15 militants dead near Qaraqosh and Shura.
Near Hawija, a strike killed a wali and seven bodyguards.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018