Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr announced his disapproval of the latest group of cabinet members. Three of them are not independent technocrats as was promised.
At least 17 people were killed and 13 more wounded:
Khalidiya has been declared captured.
A strike left 10 militants dead in Hit.
Near Qayara, a strike left four militants dead, including a security official.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017