Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr announced his disapproval of the latest group of cabinet members. Three of them are not independent technocrats as was promised.
At least 17 people were killed and 13 more wounded:
Khalidiya has been declared captured.
A strike left 10 militants dead in Hit.
Near Qayara, a strike left four militants dead, including a security official.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018