Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr threatened to kill British soldiers if they participate in the upcoming Mosul operations.
At least 164 people were killed and 57 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed 21 people and wounded 35 more at the entrance to the Kadhimiya district, where an important Shi’ite Shrine is located. Two people were killed and four were wounded in a blast in Obedi.
A bomb at a market in Abu Ghraib killed three people and wounded 11 more.
Three Peshmerga were wounded in an attack in the Valley of Oil yesterday.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, at least 103 militants were killed, apparently while fleeing the battlefields surrounding Mosul.
An airstrike on Qaim left 12 militants dead, including officials.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Khalidiya.
In Qayara, a strike killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018