Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr threatened to kill British soldiers if they participate in the upcoming Mosul operations.
At least 164 people were killed and 57 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed 21 people and wounded 35 more at the entrance to the Kadhimiya district, where an important Shi’ite Shrine is located. Two people were killed and four were wounded in a blast in Obedi.
A bomb at a market in Abu Ghraib killed three people and wounded 11 more.
Three Peshmerga were wounded in an attack in the Valley of Oil yesterday.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, at least 103 militants were killed, apparently while fleeing the battlefields surrounding Mosul.
An airstrike on Qaim left 12 militants dead, including officials.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Khalidiya.
In Qayara, a strike killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018