Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr threatened to kill British soldiers if they participate in the upcoming Mosul operations.
At least 164 people were killed and 57 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb killed 21 people and wounded 35 more at the entrance to the Kadhimiya district, where an important Shi’ite Shrine is located. Two people were killed and four were wounded in a blast in Obedi.
A bomb at a market in Abu Ghraib killed three people and wounded 11 more.
Three Peshmerga were wounded in an attack in the Valley of Oil yesterday.
A bomb wounded two soldiers in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Mosul, at least 103 militants were killed, apparently while fleeing the battlefields surrounding Mosul.
An airstrike on Qaim left 12 militants dead, including officials.
A dozen militants were killed in a strike on Khalidiya.
In Qayara, a strike killed seven militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraqi Troops Still Chasing ISIS; 39 Killed in Iraq – December 17th, 2017
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017