Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr ordered his militia followers to make themselves available to Iraqi security forces for the fight in Mosul. The Saraya al-Salam militia is to deploy itself to Shirqat.
Thousands of families continue to flee ahead of a large-scale battle in the Mosul region.
The Karbala provincial council voted to send all displaced people home if their cities have been liberated. However, the head of the council’s legal committee, Mahfudh al-Tamimi, said no one will be forced out. Despite being free from Islamic State terrorists, many areas are too destroyed to allow the return of refugees.
At least 29 people were killed:
In Mosul, an airstrike destroyed the National Insurance Company building, which had been used for executions.
Ten militants were killed during an attack on Peshmerga forces in Sinjar.
Strikes on Baaj and Tal Afar left nine militants dead.
Seven militants were killed by strikes on Albu Ali Jassim and Albu Obeid.
In Rutba, at least three militants were killed in a failed attack.
Dozens of militants were killed during a failed night attack on Peshmerga forces at the frontline in western Kirkuk province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018