Interior Minister Mohammed al-Ghabban, a senior member of the Badr Organization assured the public that attacks on displaced civilians were not systemic, but he also admitted they are not entirely preventable. Some of the Shi’ite militiamen accused of war crimes are allied with the Badr Organization.
At least 29 were killed and 13 more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber killed seven soldiers at a Yusufiya checkpoint. Two people were killed and eight were wounded when a bomb blew up near a produce storehouse. A civilian was shot dead in Ghazaliya. During a home invasion in Zaafaraniyah, a government employee and her son were murdered.
One person was killed and five were wounded when a bomb exploded in Husseiniyah.
In Saqra, an airstrike killed four militants.
Three militants were killed in Awaj by security forces.
Security forces left two militants dead in Juba.
A militant was killed in Hit.
Heavy fighting in Fallujah and Zankura left dozens of militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017