Interior Minister Mohammed al-Ghabban, a senior member of the Badr Organization assured the public that attacks on displaced civilians were not systemic, but he also admitted they are not entirely preventable. Some of the Shi’ite militiamen accused of war crimes are allied with the Badr Organization.
At least 29 were killed and 13 more were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber killed seven soldiers at a Yusufiya checkpoint. Two people were killed and eight were wounded when a bomb blew up near a produce storehouse. A civilian was shot dead in Ghazaliya. During a home invasion in Zaafaraniyah, a government employee and her son were murdered.
One person was killed and five were wounded when a bomb exploded in Husseiniyah.
In Saqra, an airstrike killed four militants.
Three militants were killed in Awaj by security forces.
Security forces left two militants dead in Juba.
A militant was killed in Hit.
Heavy fighting in Fallujah and Zankura left dozens of militants dead.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019