Iraqi forces say they now control the northern edges of Hit. About 1,500 prisoners were reported rescued from an Islamic State prison that has been captured, but the Iraqi government denied the existence of a jail and says they were evacuees instead.
Hundreds of refugees have left the Makhmour area in the last week due to fighting.
Despite widespread destruction, about 3,000 families returned to their homes in Ramadi.
Mahma Khalil, the mayor of Sinjar, says members of the Kurdistan Workers Party (P.K.K.), alongside Iraqi forces, have been harassing residents.
At least 116 were killed and 31 were wounded:
Militants executed 14 people in Mosul.
In Baghdadi, shelling wounded four children and a woman.
Coalition airstrikes near Makhmour killed a rocket expert believed to be responsible for the death of a U.S. in March.
Strikes killed 30 militants in Qayara.
In Qaim, strikes left 16 militants leaders dead.
Fifteen militants were killed near Falluja.
Strikes on Rawa killed 13 militants and wounded 12 more.
Nine militants were killed in strikes against Hawija.
Strikes on Tuz Khormato killed seven militants and wounded 14 more.
Turkmen forces in Bashir killed six militants during an attack.
Security forces killed five militants in Adhaim.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018