Several Peshmerga members were replaced by a Kurdish “Black Force” unit in Tuz Khormato. The new team is there to resolve ethnic and sectarian tensions in the city.
At least 124 were killed and 35 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber in Tayaran Square killed seven people and wounded 23 more. One policeman was killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Arab Jabour.
Militants killed 11 members of a policeman’s family, including the policeman, during a home invasion in Samarra.
Four bodyguards were wounded when a bomb near Ramadi blasted a convoy carrying a secretary general.
Strikes on Albu Diab left 24 militants dead.
A strike left 20 militants dead near the hospital in Hit.
Security forces in Makhmour killed 10 militants.
In Albu Obeid, seven militants were killed.
Security forces killed four militants and wounded four more in the greater Garma region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Multiple Mass Graves Found; 151 Killed in Iraq – July 24th, 2017
- Bombers Turn Attention to Baquba; 18 Killed in Iraq – July 23rd, 2017
- Body Dumping Continues in Baghdad; 34 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2017
- Sunni and Shi’ite Forces Quarrel in Mosul; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2017
- Civilians Still Trapped by Mosul Fighting; 56 Killed in Iraq – July 20th, 2017