Several Peshmerga members were replaced by a Kurdish “Black Force” unit in Tuz Khormato. The new team is there to resolve ethnic and sectarian tensions in the city.
At least 124 were killed and 35 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber in Tayaran Square killed seven people and wounded 23 more. One policeman was killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Arab Jabour.
Militants killed 11 members of a policeman’s family, including the policeman, during a home invasion in Samarra.
Four bodyguards were wounded when a bomb near Ramadi blasted a convoy carrying a secretary general.
Strikes on Albu Diab left 24 militants dead.
A strike left 20 militants dead near the hospital in Hit.
Security forces in Makhmour killed 10 militants.
In Albu Obeid, seven militants were killed.
Security forces killed four militants and wounded four more in the greater Garma region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Third Bombing Against Sadr Bloc Offices; 40 Killed, 19 Bodies Found in Iraq – May 25th, 2018
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018