Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 124 Killed in Iraq
Several Peshmerga members were replaced by a Kurdish “Black Force” unit in Tuz Khormato. The new team is there to resolve ethnic and sectarian tensions in the city.
At least 124 were killed and 35 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a suicide bomber in Tayaran Square killed seven people and wounded 23 more. One policeman was killed and four more were wounded in a blast in Arab Jabour.
Militants killed 11 members of a policeman’s family, including the policeman, during a home invasion in Samarra.
Four bodyguards were wounded when a bomb near Ramadi blasted a convoy carrying a secretary general.
Strikes on Albu Diab left 24 militants dead.
A strike left 20 militants dead near the hospital in Hit.
Security forces in Makhmour killed 10 militants.
In Albu Obeid, seven militants were killed.
Security forces killed four militants and wounded four more in the greater Garma region.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Execute Civilians in Mosul; 101 Killed Across Iraq – January 19th, 2017
- Operations Wrapping up in Eastern Mosul; 131 Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2017
- Bodies Litter Tigris River in Mosul; 39 Killed in Iraq – January 17th, 2017
- Jonah’s Tomb Captured in Mosul; 50 Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Checkpoints in Diyala Province; 184 Killed in Iraq – January 15th, 2017