The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has confirmed that Islamic State militants used chemical weapons against Kurdish servicemembers last summer.
At least 42 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
Three people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast at a market in Mashada.
In Hawija, militants executed five civilians, one a former army officer, for trying to escape the caliphate.
A tribal conflict in northern Basra resumed.
About 35,000 displaced families were able to return to their homes in Salah ad Din province.
Sixteen militants were killed in clashes in Garma that may be the beginning of a large-scale operation to recover the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Third Bombing Against Sadr Bloc Offices; 40 Killed, 19 Bodies Found in Iraq – May 25th, 2018
- Scattered Attacks Continue in Kirkuk, Diyala; 27 Killed in Iraq – May 24th, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Strikes Baghdad; 16 Killed in Iraq – May 23rd, 2018
- 1,000 Bodies Recovered in Mosul; Two Turks Among 15 Killed in Iraq – May 22nd, 2018
- French Training Iraqi Forces near Syrian Border; Five Killed in Iraq – May 21st, 2018