Operation to Reclaim Baghdad Suburb Begins; 42 Killed in Iraq
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has confirmed that Islamic State militants used chemical weapons against Kurdish servicemembers last summer.
At least 42 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
Three people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast at a market in Mashada.
In Hawija, militants executed five civilians, one a former army officer, for trying to escape the caliphate.
A tribal conflict in northern Basra resumed.
About 35,000 displaced families were able to return to their homes in Salah ad Din province.
Sixteen militants were killed in clashes in Garma that may be the beginning of a large-scale operation to recover the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Heavy Fighting In Mosul’s Old City; 209 Killed in Iraq – March 28th, 2017
- New Civilian Casualties in Mosul Airstrikes; 127 Killed in Iraq – March 27th, 2017
- Cholera in Mosul; 242 Killed in Iraq – March 26th, 2017
- Pause in Mosul Fight; 37 Killed in Iraq – March 25th, 2017
- Sadrists Hold Rally in Baghdad; 60 Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2017