The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has confirmed that Islamic State militants used chemical weapons against Kurdish servicemembers last summer.
At least 42 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
Three people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast at a market in Mashada.
In Hawija, militants executed five civilians, one a former army officer, for trying to escape the caliphate.
A tribal conflict in northern Basra resumed.
About 35,000 displaced families were able to return to their homes in Salah ad Din province.
Sixteen militants were killed in clashes in Garma that may be the beginning of a large-scale operation to recover the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Dozens of Bodies Found in Mass Graves; 121 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Attack Restaurant; 64 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2017
- Kurdish Vote Celebration Turns Deadly; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2017
- ISIS Families Relocated Without Warning; 387 Killed in Iraq – September 17th, 2017
- Anbar Operations Begin; 38 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2017