Operation to Reclaim Baghdad Suburb Begins; 42 Killed in Iraq
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons has confirmed that Islamic State militants used chemical weapons against Kurdish servicemembers last summer.
At least 42 were killed and 18 were wounded in recent violence:
Three people were killed and eight were wounded by a blast at a market in Mashada.
In Hawija, militants executed five civilians, one a former army officer, for trying to escape the caliphate.
A tribal conflict in northern Basra resumed.
About 35,000 displaced families were able to return to their homes in Salah ad Din province.
Sixteen militants were killed in clashes in Garma that may be the beginning of a large-scale operation to recover the city.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilians Flee Heavy Fighting in Mosul; 223 Killed in Iraq – February 25th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Border Checkpoint; 117 Killed in Iraq – February 24th, 2017
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 155 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017