At least 139 people were killed across Iraq. Bombers struck in the Baghdad area and in Kirkuk, which suffered its first major bombing in several months. Another 116 people were wounded.
The new U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Stuart Jones, said that Iraq has given Washington assurances that U.S. troops will have immunity from prosecution with in Iraq.
A blast near a Baghdad restaurant killed three people and wounded 12 more in Shabb. Two people were killed when a bomb exploded near the Green Zone. At least two more people were wounded in the Green Zone or in a separate blast. A dead body was found. Four people were gunned down separately in Bayaa. Security forces killed seven militants.
Twenty-one people were killed in a Kirkuk suicide car bombing that also left 30 wounded near a popular cafe in a predominantly Kurdish neighborhood. One person died and five more were wounded in a public flogging that followed their arrest for writing anti-militant graffiti on walls.
On a highway between Samarra and Dujail, four civilians were gunned down and a fifth was wounded.
Militants killed six volunteer fighters in Baiji.
An airstrike in Kubaisa killed 23 militants.
In Sayed Ghraib, an airstrike left 22 militants dead.
Security forces killed 16 militants in Hit.
Five militants were killed in Muqdadiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018