Uniformed Gunmen Attack Polling Center in Iraq; 29 Killed, 61 Wounded
Gunmen wearing military uniforms attacked a polling station near Kirkuk. That and other violence left 29 dead and 61 wounded across the country.
Five people were wounded by a blast in a sports hall in Khalidiya.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader near the border.
In Mosul, two bombs wounded 14 SWAT members. A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded five more. The body of a kidnapping victim was found. Two men were killed when the bomb that they were planting exploded.
Four civilians were killed and nine more were wounded when a bomb blew up at a popular market in Mahmoudiya. Two people were wounded when a sound bomb was thrown at a political gathering.
In Balad, a bomb on a farm killed three farmers.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Tarmiya.
A policeman was gunned down in Qadisiya.
A bomb wounded six soldiers on a highway near Jalawla.
A bomb in Udhaim wounded four government workers.
A bomb at a checkpoint near Samarra caused massive destruction, but the number of casualties was not released
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombers, Clashes Leave 105 Dead, 127 Hurt Across Iraq – April 21st, 2014
- 79 Killed, 112 Wounded As Iraq Militants Attack Religious College – April 20th, 2014
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014