Gunmen wearing military uniforms attacked a polling station near Kirkuk. That and other violence left 29 dead and 61 wounded across the country.
Five people were wounded by a blast in a sports hall in Khalidiya.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader near the border.
In Mosul, two bombs wounded 14 SWAT members. A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded five more. The body of a kidnapping victim was found. Two men were killed when the bomb that they were planting exploded.
Four civilians were killed and nine more were wounded when a bomb blew up at a popular market in Mahmoudiya. Two people were wounded when a sound bomb was thrown at a political gathering.
In Balad, a bomb on a farm killed three farmers.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Tarmiya.
A policeman was gunned down in Qadisiya.
A bomb wounded six soldiers on a highway near Jalawla.
A bomb in Udhaim wounded four government workers.
A bomb at a checkpoint near Samarra caused massive destruction, but the number of casualties was not released
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018