Gunmen wearing military uniforms attacked a polling station near Kirkuk. That and other violence left 29 dead and 61 wounded across the country.
Five people were wounded by a blast in a sports hall in Khalidiya.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader near the border.
In Mosul, two bombs wounded 14 SWAT members. A roadside bomb killed a policeman and wounded five more. The body of a kidnapping victim was found. Two men were killed when the bomb that they were planting exploded.
Four civilians were killed and nine more were wounded when a bomb blew up at a popular market in Mahmoudiya. Two people were wounded when a sound bomb was thrown at a political gathering.
In Balad, a bomb on a farm killed three farmers.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Tarmiya.
A policeman was gunned down in Qadisiya.
A bomb wounded six soldiers on a highway near Jalawla.
A bomb in Udhaim wounded four government workers.
A bomb at a checkpoint near Samarra caused massive destruction, but the number of casualties was not released
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018