Scattered violence left at least 47 people dead and 33 more wounded across Iraq. The usual clashes and shelling took their toll in Anbar especially. Also, two Iraqiya party members were arrested on terrorism charges. With upcoming elections to take place soon, these arrests could foreshadow significant meddling, as had occurred during the last election cycle.
A car bomb in Hit killed a policeman and wounded five more.
An I.E.D. wounded a civilian in Rawa.
Four policemen were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked their station in Aziria.
A bomb in Baquba killed a woman and wounded eight more.
Three civilians were killed by a roadside bomb in Tuz Khormato.
Gunmen in Baaj killed a woman.
In Basra, a civilian was shot dead.
An army commander was wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped victim was rescued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018