Scattered violence left at least 47 people dead and 33 more wounded across Iraq. The usual clashes and shelling took their toll in Anbar especially. Also, two Iraqiya party members were arrested on terrorism charges. With upcoming elections to take place soon, these arrests could foreshadow significant meddling, as had occurred during the last election cycle.
A car bomb in Hit killed a policeman and wounded five more.
An I.E.D. wounded a civilian in Rawa.
Four policemen were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked their station in Aziria.
A bomb in Baquba killed a woman and wounded eight more.
Three civilians were killed by a roadside bomb in Tuz Khormato.
Gunmen in Baaj killed a woman.
In Basra, a civilian was shot dead.
An army commander was wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped victim was rescued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018