Scattered violence left at least 47 people dead and 33 more wounded across Iraq. The usual clashes and shelling took their toll in Anbar especially. Also, two Iraqiya party members were arrested on terrorism charges. With upcoming elections to take place soon, these arrests could foreshadow significant meddling, as had occurred during the last election cycle.
A car bomb in Hit killed a policeman and wounded five more.
An I.E.D. wounded a civilian in Rawa.
Four policemen were killed and five more were wounded when a suicide bomber attacked their station in Aziria.
A bomb in Baquba killed a woman and wounded eight more.
Three civilians were killed by a roadside bomb in Tuz Khormato.
Gunmen in Baaj killed a woman.
In Basra, a civilian was shot dead.
An army commander was wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baghdad, a kidnapped victim was rescued.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017